Rows, Rows, Rows of Boats, Life Is But A Dream.
Find Your Dream Boat at the Lake Union Boats Afloat Show
34th Annual Show Sets Sail Wednesday, September 12th
More than 170 yachts on display and fun for all the family – free sailboat rides for kids and adults, kids toy boat building, floating beer garden
SEATTLE – Seattle’s 34th annual Lake Union Boats Afloat Show gets underway on Wednesday September 12th at 11 am and continues through Sunday 16th, 2012. The annual show – with 170+ new and used boats or vessels from 20 to 90 feet – is recognized as the West Coast’s largest floating show. From sport boats to cabin cruisers to mega-yachts and everything in between, Boats Afloat has it all. The show is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
At 90 feet the Queenship Motor Yacht “Souvenir” is the largest and most expensive boat in the show. (Listed at $ 2,975,000.) Dreaming of cruising to Alaska or Hawaii? With four staterooms (bedrooms), five heads (bathrooms) and a gourmet galley (kitchen), she could take you in style. Or does your dream have you spending hours on end wakeboarding on Lake Washington or Lake Sammamish perfecting your spins and flips? Then check out Sport Boat Row with dozens of sport boats tricked out with the latest gear and technology, such as the Malibu Wakesetter 23 SLV. It comes with a built-in video camera which guarantees that amazing tricks (and wipeouts!) are preserved. You can record your performance and view it immediately, or at later at home, where you can also edit to create your own video.
Other attractions this year include:
- · Free daily 45-minute sailboat rides on Lake Union on 30-40 foot boats through Discover Sailing.
- · Free 90-minute sailing lessons for kids 8-16 on 13’ Hobie Cat Waves courtesy of Sail Sandpoint.
o Lessons will be available Saturday and Sunday at 11am, 1pm, 3pm and 5 pm.
o For further information go to: www.boatsafloatshow.com (Sign-ups will be available at the show.)
- · Center for Wooden Boats kids toy boat building Saturday and Sunday. Kids can use traditional tools to build and decorate their own wooden boat and see them float in the pond. Fun for all ages! Sponsored by Banner Bank
- · O.A.R. Northwest. See Guinness World Record holding rowboat the James Robert Hanssen. Meet some of the crew that rowed in a race from New York to England In 2006 and won. Also meet some of the crew that was on the 2012 circumnavigation of Vancouver Island and will be rowing from Liberia to Venezuela in December.
- · Floating beer garden aboard a 68′ authentic Paddle Wheeler, the Christine W. The beer garden will be pouring Redhook Wit and Widmer Drifter as well as Stonebridge wine and is sponsored by Chandler’s Crabhouse Restaurant.
All you need to know
What: South Lake Union Boats Afloat Show
When: Wednesday September 12th – Sunday September 16th, 2012
Hours: Weekdays 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Where: South Lake Union in Seattle
Tickets: $12 for adults / $5 for kids 12-17 (kids under 11 are free).
$18 for a multi-day pass.
Boater’s Happy Hour Weekdays 5-7 pm: $6
e-Tickets can be purchased at www.BoatsAfloatShow.com
There: Parking maps and directions are available online atwww.BoatsAfloatShow.com For convenience park downtown and take the Seattle Street Car directly the show on South Lake Union.