Fremont Universe reports that the people were sent flying into the air after the car hit them near the Nectar Lounge at North 36th Street and Phinney Avenue North.
One witness, describing the incident, told Fremont Universe:
“All of them went over the top, like rag dolls.”
Police released the ages and conditions of the injured pedestrians Saturday morning. One man declined aid. The other five were transported to Harborview Medical Center. They are:
- A 21-year-old in critical condition.
- A 22-year-old in serious condition.
- A 31-year-old in stable condition.
- A 37-year-old in stable condition.
- A 21-year-old in stable condition.
The driver, a man in his 20s, was processed for DUI and booked into King County Jail for Vehicular Assault